I hope this update finds you well! (Sorry it is coming late).
What is new
- Alone With Death has about two more chapters left (I could not manage to publish one yesterday). I will share the two this coming weekend.
- I have been writing more short stories and consider finding more ways/platforms to share them.
- I know… It is just five days to November 1st and probably not enough time… but I wish I had found these out earlier…
- The First Line– accepts submissions for their provided first line(s). Time is running out! But hey, 300-5,000 words for fiction, so you can make it if you try.
- Commonwealth Writers– the Commonwealth short story prize (2020-2021) accepts unpublished fiction from Commonwealth countries (2,000-5,000 words).
In case you missed it…
Last week, we had two discussions on poetry, featuring style/form and prompts.
- What Is Poetry To You?: 10 Poetic Styles/Forms
- Inspiration For Expression: Love, Life And Poetry Prompts
On Poetry Wednesday, a poetic chain, The Hate You Feel, went live.
- The Hate You Feel (5/5): The Hate
- The Hate You Feel (4/5): Innocent territory
- The Hate You Feel (3/5): The little girl
- The Hate You Feel 2/5: Mary, o’, Mary
- The Hate You Feel 1/5: Rich Man
On Friday, I shared a spoken word poem (I will perform it soon):
Here are the week’s bonus poems:
Here is the story I shared on Saturday:
I was supposed to share prompts on love from last week’s post but I have not managed to make them yet. I should have something on Poetry Wednesday, nevertheless; tomorrow, we will have a discussion. See you then!
Stay safe, bye.
Benson Langat is a poet, fiction writer, and freelancer. A dreamer, he realizes a world of possibilities through stories and explores life in poetry. Benie is a dad and lives in Nairobi, Kenya.